Ten Mile River: Weekend Camping
It is required that all units camping with GNYC submit a roster upon arrival:
TMR is not only a spectacular place for long-term summer camping, but it is also home to over 30 facilities for units to hold their monthly camping trips, or scouting families to have a weekend getaway. Short Term facilities are available from Labor Day in September until the end of June. The Delaware River sites are also available on weekends in the summer months. Among the many facilities at TMR are:
Fully Winterized Cabins: with electricity, bathrooms & kitchens
Leanto Sites: 3 to 9 leantos per site, some located on the Delaware
Tent Sites: some of which are located right on the Delaware River
Family Cabins: 4 to 5 person cabins on Turnpike Pond and Lake Nianque
Weekend check-in takes place at the Headquarters Trading Post, located at 1481 Crystal Lake Road (County Route 26).
Ten Mile River Scout Camps are plowed when the situation arises, but access in winter weather conditions is better suited to four wheel drive vehicles. A local towing service can be contacted if vehicles become stuck or damaged. River Sites are on town road that closes on November 15th and reopens on April 15th.
To make a reservation or check availabilites please call (212)-651-3077
For check-in questions, day of, or emergencies please call the Ranger on Duty at (845) 235-4149. Please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
Now available year round Horsemanship Merit Badge and horseback riding at Rolling Stone Ranch just minutes from TMR! Scouts can spend a full day of program at the ranch learning Horsemanship during the course of camp in addition Rolling Stone Ranch boasts an indoor heated area for winter riding, Learn more
Outdoor adventure is the promise made to boys when they join Scouting. In the outdoors, boys have opportunities to acquire skills that make them more self-reliant. They can explore canoe and hiking trails and complete challenges they first thought were beyond their ability. Attributes of good character become part of a boy as he learns to cooperate to meet outdoor challenges that may include extreme weather, difficult trails and portages, and dealing with nature's unexpected circumstances.
Organized camping is a creative, educational experience in cooperative group living in the outdoors. It uses the natural surroundings to contribute significantly to physical, mental, spiritual, and social growth.
Camping contributes to good health.
Camping helps campers develop self-reliance and resourcefulness.
Camping enhances spiritual growth.
Camping contributes to social development.
Camping is an experience in citizenship training.
Camping at the Cub Scout level introduces boys to the knowledge and skills that they will learn and apply more thoroughly as a Boy Scout.
- No reservation can be made online earlier than 11 months in the future. Only GNYC units may make reservations 12 months in the future by telephoning 212-651-3077.
- All reservations should begin on Friday night, whether you plan to arrive on Friday or Saturday. Unless it’s a three-day weekend, your reservation should be for 2 nights. Otherwise, the reservation system will not show anything as available.
- If additional nights are necessary, they may be requested by selecting additional units.
- If an additional night is requested the checkout time is adjusted to 3:00pm on the last day of the reservation. For example if one additional night is requested for a weekend, checkout time will be on Monday at 3:00pm.
- Tenting reservations require payment for the site only, at the time of reservation.
- Note that with our new shopping cart feature, you may book multiple cabins, tent sites, or leanto sites for different dates and camps as part of the same online transaction.
Effective with reservations made 08/01/15 and later:
Cancellation of reservations 45 days or more prior to the scheduled date will receive a full refund or credit. Cancellations made 21 days or more prior to the scheduled date will receive a full credit, but will not be eligible for a refund. Cancellations made 14 days or more prior to the scheduled date will receive a 50% credit only. Later cancellations, or "no-show" units, will forfeit the full camp fee paid. Credits are valid for 6 months, and can be used in any GNYC camp. Cancellations must be made to 212-651-3077.