Keowa: Area- Field Sports
Where can a Scout go to practice fitness, enjoy sportsmanship and teamwork, and just have fun? The answer is, of course, the Keowa Sports Complex! You can also use some of our awesome facilities with your own Troop! Come during free shoot for practice with archery. Make some time to use one of our two outdoor basketball courts. You can use our baseball field as well. Even issue a challenge to another Troop, or the staff! (If you think you are up to the challenge...) Come down and visit our fishing area of the lake to catch some fish whenever you want to! Field Sports even has some fishing poles to borrow.
- Personal Fitness: Looking to continue your journey to Eagle and become more fit along the way? Personal Fitness challenges Scouts to maintain and work towards completing a long-term exercise plan while learning about how to become more fit across all aspects of their daily life. *EAGLE REQUIRED* *PRE-REQUISITE #1, 7, and 8 REQUIRED*
- Sports: Take part in all kinds of various sports and events over the course of the week! Scouts will explore how to stay healthy and fit during a sporting season while maintaining a balanced level of nutrition! *PRE-REQUISITE #4 and 5 REQUIRED*
- Athletics: Come down to practice and improve your ability in different physical areas while exploring sports, teammates, and officiating! *PRE-REQUISITE #3, 5, and 6b REQUIRED*
- Fishing: Scouts will learn the art and the sport of fishing including the use of the equipment, how to cast, tie knots, as well as the area’s rules and regulations. They will also be required to catch two different species of fish over the course of the week.
- Camp-wide Challenges: Think your troop is the best of the best at any sport or competition? Want to prove it to the entire camp? Come down and see the Sports Director to challenge any troop and battle for ultimate supremacy! If you and your troop are feeling exceptionally confident challenge the Staff for the ultimate test of your Troop's ability!