Ranachqua: Area- Field Sports
Camp Ranachqua's Sports and Mountain Biking Program has a full arsenal of activities that Scouts have had fun completing and competing for years! From baseball, to basketball, to mountain biking and more, the Sports Field at Camp Ranachqua always has something exciting going on. The Sports program helps to foster physical fitness for Scouts of all ability levels. Scouts are encouraged to take part in any one of the three merit badges, and troops are invited to go on a scenic mountain bike trip across the Ten Mile River Scout Reservation. The Camp Ranachqua Sports Program is full of ideas and activities for all scouts to enjoy!
- Personal Fitness: Looking to continue your journey to Eagle and become more fit along the way? Personal Fitness challenges Scouts to maintain and work towards completing a long-term exercise plan while learning about how to become more fit across all aspects of their daily life. *EAGLE REQUIRED* *PRE-REQUISITE #1, 7, and 8 REQUIRED*
- Sports: Take part in all kinds of various sports and events over the course of the week! Scouts will explore how to stay healthy and fit during a sporting season while maintaining a balanced level of nutrition! *PRE-REQUISITE #4 and 5 REQUIRED*
- Athletics: Come down to practice and improve your ability in different physical areas while exploring sports, teammates, and officiating! *PRE-REQUISITE #3, 5, and 6b REQUIRED*
- The TUG-OF-WAR: The Camp Ranachqua Tug-of-War takes place Tuesday Night as a part of Camp-wide Games! Come down and compete in our legendary battle of strength and will for the ultimate bragging right that comes with being Champion for the year!
- Camp-wide Challenges: Think your troop is the best of the best at any sport or competition? Want to prove it to the entire camp? Come down and see the Sports Director to challenge any troop and battle for ultimate supremacy! If you and your troop are feeling exceptionally confident challenge the Staff for the ultimate test of your Troop's ability!
- Mountain Biking: Does your troop want to get a better look at the natural beauty of the Ten Mile River Scout Reservation while getting a great physical workout along the way? Our Sports Director offers several times during the week to provide guided mountain bike trips across several scenic routes along the reservation. If this sounds like it's for you and your troop, see the Sports Director and the Program Director for more details!